Sunday, March 20, 2011

I want to be beautiful





The world is full of such beautiful things, snowy mountains, and cherry blossoms, sea coral and dirt roads and every creature that walks this world. You and I are both beautiful. But sometimes I don't feel I belong in this world of such bountiful beauty.
I don't mean in the vain sense. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so to strive to be beautiful in the physical sense is a waste-less cause. One may look at me with appeal and another can turn away without hesitation. I cannot please everyone. But I do want to please God. I want to be beautiful for him. I shudder to think he may look at me with disappointment. I don't know if he beholds me with the same esteem as we do a blossoming spring flower, but I want my friend Jesus to teach me. Teach me how to be beautiful by guiding me. Make my soul a wonder. Make my heart the fairest of them all.

Top: thirfted
Skirt: thirfted 
Stockings: thirfted
Shoes: Urban Outfitters
Bag: thirfted
Necklace: borrowed
Bangles: borrowed
Side note: the red patch in my pocket is actually just at tissue I folded up to look like it was part of the skirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment