Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Awake and Alive

My garden captivated my imagination. Not for the grass and trees, but for the examination of life. Something great made the trees; the flowers; the blades of grass. Something breathed life into all that stood in my garden that day, including me. And this same something breathed love into each creation, because it so apparent that I wasn't just looking at a product. There was an energy so powerful in each creation in my garden that all I could do was marvel.

I've seen my garden many times, admired the flowers and greenery, but it was perhaps the first time that I was seeing more than just a pretty flower. There is something so profound, so energized with love that no one can begin to understand it. All we can do is cherish it and be grateful for it.

My hand bag, though I think it is pretty, is not part of this great web of life. Admiring it is not the same as the admiring the creations of God. It breaths no life; it offers no love. The day made me want to choose carefully where I gave my worship. I want my attention to be maximized on all that is made by and centered on the astounding, un-replicable love of God.






Sweater: thrift
Bag: Casablanca (I thrifted it)
Hat: Bay
Leggings: H&M

No comments:

Post a Comment