Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Moments from my day

There are times when I don't feel like compromising or waiting for a better day. Today was one of those days. I had an idea in mind of what I wanted from my day and decided to bring it forth. Sometimes your day dictates to you and sometimes you need to dictate to your day "this is how it's going to be!" My day listened.

I started by telling my day I wanted a thrifted mini backpack. My sister was kind enough to drive me out to the store and low and behold a Derek Alexander leather mini backpack was waiting for me. It was a steal at only 2 dollars. I also bought a long button down vest for $2.50. And my sister found a large stylish carpet bag for $4.00. Needless to say it was a good thrifting day.

I also decided today I was going to eat Mcdonalds. Without giving a care to nutrition or fat content, I indugled and felt very pleased about it. But while smiling at my meal, strawberry punch poured in my sister's car landing on my favorite trench. I guess it was my day's way of saying, "you can't have it all perfect." No bother. I'm too happy about the comment my professor left on my final paper to mind any spills and mishaps.

In fact I am posting her comment here, because I may never see a pleasant review of a graded work again. That and it may motivate me the next time I stress about a paper.

Dear Adelaide,


This is an excellent paper and a pleasure to read. I have pointed to certain sreas that could use more careful thinking and questioning; however, you have pulled together key contexts in evaluating the issue of individual rights and freedoms and the controls in place.


Best of luck in your future endeavours.

Romita

No comments:

Post a Comment